Every spring, City Arts & Tech is buzzing with the excitement of graduation. Seniors are exhilarated and it’s well deserved! Four years of education at CAT means a graduate has a solid foundation of 21st Century Leadership Skills, and is ready for success in the world that lies beyond high school. City Arts & Tech graduates are well prepared for the academic rigors that await in college.
There are THREE REQUIREMENTS for every student to graduate from City Arts & Tech, listed in bold below:
1. Pass all courses required for CSU/UC eligibility (A-G requirements).
Students must have a C- or higher in every A-G class in order for it to count towards the diploma. The higher the grade, the better your chances for being accepted to colleges of your choice.
If a student has less than a C- in a required A-G course, that student will need to make up that credit in order to graduate.
If a student has taken courses that are not approved as A-G courses, those course credits will not count towards the A-G requirements and our diploma.
TRANSFER STUDENTS: To count towards our diploma, the classes from any previous school must be A-G approved AND the grade earned must be a C- or higher.
- If a student has taken courses that are not approved as A-G courses,those course credits will not count towards the A-G requirements and our diploma.
- If you have a D+ or lower in any A-G approved class from your last school, you will need to take that class again. This will likely mean summer school.
2. Apply to a 4-year university, complete FAFSA application and apply to at least one scholarship.
3. Pass the College Success Portfolio and Defense
- Sophomores must pass the Benchmark Portfolio to move to Junior year.